Summer 2020 Updates – We plan to operate all of our scheduled trips.
Lewis & Clark Trail Adventures, Inc. places a high priority on the health and safety of our guests and staff. In response to the Covid-19 outbreak, we are monitoring updates from State and Federal Agencies. Enhanced safety procedures will be in place on our trips. Our plans and procedures are constantly being updated based on industry best practices and agency guidelines.
When your adventure rolls around, Lewis & Clark Trail Adventures will be ready. Summer is just a couple weeks away and so is your adventure. We are gearing up and looking forward to meeting each of you and sharing these wild & scenic rivers with you. We are staying up to date on the most current recommendations from the state governments, land agencies and the CDC. We will modify our operational procedures as needed to comply with regulations.
Here are the basic procedures in relationship to the COVID-19 implemented to protect the safety and health of our guides, staff and guests.
Guest Conduct: LCTA will encourage and practice social distancing so much as is practical on the trips.
Provided by LCTA:
- Tents will be assigned to families or couples for the duration of the trip.
- We will supply extra dry bags for sleeping bags and tents.
- Paco pads and PFD’s will be numbered or named and assigned to individuals for the duration of the trip.
- Gear will be additionally sanitized in between trips and dormant for 48 hours.
- You will be responsible to know which gear belongs to you.
- All gear provided by LCTA will be properly sanitized in between trips.
- Sanitation spray and/or wipes will be available on the trip for daily cleaning.
Bring your own option: For added safety, you are welcome to bring any of your own camping equipment Tent, Sleeping Pad and/or Sleeping bag. We will assign you an extra dry bag.
Sleeping Bags: LCTA will NOT be providing sleeping bags for rent during the 2020 summer season. All guests will be required to bring their own sleeping bag OR If you need to purchase a new bag, we can provide one, prices vary. You can either keep the sleeping bag or donate to a non-profit after the trip, but not laundered for reuse.
- Sanitation of buses and vans in between uses
- Provide hand sanitizer dispensers at vehicle entrance
- Have disinfecting spray solutions and paper towels in the vehicle
- Maximize open air ventilation when possible
Private Vehicle option: If you prefer the added safety of traveling in your private vehicle, we can provide all the details and logistic to meet the trip and have your car shuttled. Extra fees apply and prices vary. Please inquire.
- Establish procedures for routine cleaning and disinfection of commonly touched surfaces and objects (e.g., water containers, boats and other trip gear, kitchen implements and surfaces, shared tools)
- Ensure that toilet facilities and equipment and hand washing facilities are readily accessible and are maintained to stay clean and sanitary.
Camp Toilets will have disinfectant spray bottles available for cleansing the toilet prior to and after each use. Guides will wear gloves when they work on the toilet set up and take down. The toilet will have a hand wash station.
The LCTA Crew will practice safe food handling techniques, sanitize food areas, and provide multiple hand wash stations in camps.
- What COVID-19 is and how it is spread.
- Symptoms of COVID-19 and when to seek medical care.
- Local and state regulations about COVID-19
Screening – before each trip, guides and guests will be asked the following questions:
“have you had any of the following:”
- A new fever (100.4 or higher, or a sense of having a fever)?
- A new cough that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- New shortness of breath that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- New muscle aches that you cannot attribute to another health condition or that may have been caused by a specific activity (such as physical exercise)?
LCTA will be utilizing the above new protocols, we may (at our discretion) decline service to a guest and/or remove a staff member from the schedule.
There are many good companies to choose from. For your convenience, we offer travel protection through Travelex Insurance Services. For more information on the available plans or to enroll, go to www.travelexinsurance.com or contact Travelex Insurance Services at 800-228-9792 and reference location number 26-0048.
Travel Insurance is underwritten by, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company, NAIC #22276. 55Y